Spring is approaching
Well the hectic festive period is over and we at ecocabs can all breathe a sigh of relief. Our attention turns to the welcome signs of spring, as we begin to put winter behind us. The snowdrops push through and the birds serenade us as they return from warmer climes. The evenings and mornings grow lighter, as do the spirits, but in the world of transport, spring heralds the arrival of the next hectic chapter. Our focus here is now on ecocabs’ wedding transport services. You may be thinking along the same lines, if you are soon to be wed. Weddings are one of my favourite things so it is a welcome time of year for me!
Some of Our Favourite Venues
The key consideration when thinking about your transport is the venue and the influence that may have on your choice of wedding cars, both for your wedding party and your guests. Do you dream of a romantic wedding in a real castle? How about hiring a luxurious stately home for your exclusive use? Perhaps a traditional village hotel with roaring log fires will create the warm welcome you are looking for. Or maybe a magical summer garden party in magnificent grounds is more your thing. Northumberland has something for every taste and budget. With spectacular countryside and impressive coastlines it’s the perfect spot for the wedding you’ve always dreamed of. Venues such as The Alnwick Gardens, Bamburgh Castle and Chipchase Castle all spring to mind. However within ecocabs immediate locale, there are three main ‘mansion hotels’ that we could highly recommend. Namely Slaley Hall, Matfen Hall and Close House. Having worked alongside each location for many weddings over the years we can say with confidence that they are truly wonderful wedding venues in Northumberland.
All three were originally built with grand intentions and have been restored to their former glory with stunning results.
Matfen Hall is a Grade II listed 19th century country mansion and is still privately owned. Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett have carefully restored their family seat into one of the North East’s leading venues for weddings. In addition to the golf course, now open is their fantastic new Spa & Leisure complex providing the perfect place for the bride to relax before her big day. Just 11 miles from Newcastle International Airport yet situated in the most beautiful location, it makes and ideal venue. With dedicated wedding coordinators on hand to offer their advice and guidance, your day will be remembered for all the right reasons. They have a range of stunning rooms in which to hold your ceremony. The Great Hall, with its magnificent fire place, is quite stunning and The Dutch Garden provides a perfect backdrop for your photographs. In a nutshell, some of the services they offer include the services of a master of ceremonies, a red carpet welcome, discount accommodation as well as table plans, menu cards and use of the cake stand. Check out their website for the full list. http://www.primahotels.co.uk/matfen/wedding-en.html
Alternatively, Slaley Hall, which was originally built as a glorious Edwardian sporting estate, would provide a magnificent backdrop to your special day. It continued to provide accommodation and sporting splendour for many years until the 1980s when it was developed into the beautiful hotel that you will see today. In its moorland and forest location, Slaley Hall has a choice of splendid reception rooms to offer the discerning bride to be. A warm welcome, fantastic and locally sourced food, their wonderful attention to detail and the elegant charm of Slaley Hall will all create that elegant atmosphere you are looking for. On the eve of the wedding, entertain your guests with a game of golf or a trip to the spa or simply enjoy a relaxing stroll around the magnificent grounds.
Close House, an elegant 18th century mansion, can also offer you a breath-taking wedding venue in its elegant and relaxed surroundings. The food and accommodation is second to none and assistance is on hand to help you every step of the way, offering advice where needed or providing solutions to your problems. From flowers to cakes, marquees to photographers, the wedding coordinators at Close House will help you find just the thing. You can even have exclusive use of the entire house, for the ultimate celebration.
ecocabs Wedding Car Service
Having chosen your venue and with so much still to plan and organise, wedding transport will be high on your list of priorities. The ecocabs wedding car service includes chauffeur driven car transfers between house, church/venue and reception and includes plenty of time for photographs before and after the ceremony. Your pleasant and friendly, fully uniformed chauffeur will provide you with the most professional service. Our wedding cars in Hexham are decorated with white or ivory ribbons as standard, at no extra cost, and the cars all carry white umbrellas, for rain or shade. Alternatively we can decorate the luxury wedding cars with coloured ribbons of your choice, to match your theme. The journey to your wedding venue may well be one of the most nerve-racking and emotional days of your life and the trip to your reception may well be the most wonderful, so there’s every reason to do it in style and comfort.
Each chauffeured car is prepared to exacting standards, with great care, for each and every occasion. Our stylish wedding cars in Northumberland are available for hire on an individual or collective basis. For the hire of all vehicles, a special package price is available. Special rates also apply for winter and mid-week weddings. Please contact us for details. For weddings taking place Monday to Thursday, 10 per cent discount can be arranged.
Depending upon your venue of choice, you may have simple needs for transport on the day, needing only one bridal car, or you may have many guests requiring transport to and fro. Minibus hire may also be high on your list of requirements. We can offer a 7 seat luxury minibus, in the form of our Mercedes Viano, as well as our smart 12 seat minibus and the slightly smaller MPV taxis. We also offer a meet and greet service from Newcastle International Airport, or indeed any regional airport of your choice, welcoming your well travelled guests to Northumberland in style. With a selection of premier Mercedes wedding cars available, as well as luxury minibus transport, we can fulfil most requests. We are very proud of our wedding vehicles:
The Mercedes S Class (seating four) The Mercedes Benz S-Class chauffeur car has always been the standard by which other chauffeur driven cars are judged.
The Mercedes E Avant Garde (seating four) The E Class Mercedes-Benz chauffeur car is an ideal wedding chauffeur car, spacious, luxurious and comfortable
The Mercedes Viano (seating up to 7) The luxury Mercedes Viano MPV will carry 6-7 passengers in impeccable safety and comfort. Perfect for your guests, it is much more than just a people carrier.
Once you are in a position to book your transport, you may have some pressing questions:
- How do I book? Simply telephone us or send us an email and we will get back to as soon as possible to discuss your needs. If you decide to use ecocabs wedding car service, we will ask you for a deposit to secure your cars. Soon after we will then send you a booking confirmation detailing the times, venues and any additional requirements you may have.
- Can you provide additional wedding vehicles for family members and guests? Yes, we can provide additional vehicles, minibuses and people carriers. It is our policy to provide excellent rates for wedding customers with additional transport needs.
- Will the car be dedicated to my wedding? Yes, we are at your service from the moment we collect the bride until we leave the happy couple at the reception venue. If the photographer needs extra time at after the ceremony then it is not a problem.
- Can I have coloured wedding car ribbons to match my scheme? Of course. Our standard ribbons are double sided satin in either white or ivory. However, if you would prefer coloured ribbons and can provide them or we are able to obtain them, then we are happy to decorate your wedding cars with them.
- How will the chauffeur be dressed? – Your chauffeur will be fully uniformed and very smart. He will attend to your entry and exit from the car giving assistance where possible. He will be friendly, helpful and polite; experienced in making your big day perfect.
- Can I arrange to view my wedding car? – We would recommend that you do this regardless, so that you know which wedding car to expect and that you are dealing with a reputable company. We can arrange a suitable viewing time when you will see the car and meet the driver.
- How much will my wedding car cost? – Our prices start from £140 for a fully decorated, chauffeur driven, and luxury wedding car. We provide excellent rates for any additional wedding transport for your bridesmaids, family and guests.
- How many wedding cars can I have? – We can provide up to 3 fully dressed wedding cars at any one time, all in matching brilliant silver.
- How do I pay? – You can pay via cash, cheque or credit/debit card via our office.
So, as you can see, ecocabs have it covered. Whatever your situation, budget or location, call us and we will be thrilled to provide the transport you need for your special day.