ecocabs. Next Generation Taxis
From our inception in 2006, ecocabs has taken steps to be environmentally responsible.
Initially using biodiesel in our vehicles, ten years later introducing hybrid vehicles into our fleet and in 2019 taking further steps into electric vehicles. The makeup of our fleet has changed as technology has improved and will continue to do so as technologies advance.
Our vehicle and fuel choices are key to the ecocabs approach as is our commitment to recycling waste and sourcing sustainable materials and products whenever possible.
Now in our 13th year sustainability remains high on our agenda and we continue to take steps to reduce our impact on the environment.
In 2019 we are focusing on making further improvements in reducing the CO2 emissions of our fleet and reducing our packaging and waste.
- Purchased a Nissan Leaf, our first fully electric vehicle
- Installed two electric charge points
- Purchased a new 9 seater Toyato ProAce, the most efficient and lowest CO2 emissions vehicle in its class.
- Purchased a new 9 Seater Ford Transit hybrid, ecocabs have managed to acquire the first one in the country.
- Introduced refillable containers for our main vehicle consumables including engine oil, shampoo, screenwash and adblue.
- Introduced a new taxi dispatch system iCabbi which has made it possible for us to eliminate the need for numerous paper forms and a significant volume of printing
- Brought our maintenance in house which has many benefits across the business and has meant we can do our record keeping digitally.
- Installed renewable heating source into office
- Introduced a paperless fuel management system
- Paperless quotation system
- All supplier invoices are now digital
Lessening our impact on the environment is an integral part of our business and is part our ecocabs Next Generation commitment.