EcoCabs is based in the heart of stunning Northumberland approximately half way along this beautiful but sometimes challenging C2C route and with 10 years of experience in bike transport, we are ideally placed to help you enjoy a trip along this unique route.
- Cycling from coast to coast through dramatic and varied landscapes.
- Riding through the stunning Lake District scenery and the bustling towns of Keswick and Penrith.
- Enjoying the view and a well-earned rest at the top of Hartside Pass.
- Experiencing the wild, unspoilt and remote Northern Pennines.
- Conquering the challenging hills and reaping the rewards of the exhilarating descents.
Why choose this route?
The most popular long-distance cycling route in the UK, the coast to coast / sea to sea / c2c takes you across the breadth of Britain from the Irish Sea in the West to the North Sea in the East. It’s on most cyclist’s bucket list and provides challenge and reward in equal measure.
The route travels through stunning scenery from the dramatic mountains of the Lake District, through the wild and unspoilt moorlands of the remote North Pennines, along the serene Waskerley Way to the riverside path of the Tyne.
A decent level of fitness is needed to conquer the more challenging parts of the route which include the long and winding ascent up Hartside Pass, and the rollercoaster section through the North Pennines. For keen cyclists the route provides plenty of opportunity to be king or queen of the mountains!
There are numerous interesting places to visit and stay on the route so there’s always the option to cycle at a more leisurely pace over 4 or 5 days which will give you a chance to take in the sights and make the more strenuous sections more manageable.
Why choose EcoCabs Bike transport?
- Based on the fringe of the North Pennines AONB and close to the midpoint of the route we have the benefit of local knowledge and can provide you with tailored information to help you make the most of your trip.
- Our range of vehicles includes: 4 and 6 seat cars, 8 seat people carriers, 16 seat minibuses and 22 seat mini-coach, plus a range of specialised cycle trailers so we can cater for all group sizes big and small.
- Our experienced and knowledgeable drivers are able to make sure that you and your precious cargo are transported safely
- Our proximity to the route means we can reach you within a maximum of 2 hours should you need help.
- We have phone support from 7am to 10pm daily so we are available when you need us.
- We have many years’ experience of servicing this route with groups of 2 – 16 people with cycles and baggage, however, we have the capacity to transport larger groups of up to 70+.
- Bike transfer from Tynemouth or Newcastle Central Station to Whitehaven harbour to start your trip. Other pick up locations available on request.
- All baggage transfers between accommodation
- Route Maps and GPX file
- List of bike shops and great places to visit en-route
- Phone support available from 7am to 10pm daily
- Emergency support – to help you in your moment of need
- Bike hire – electric or pure pedal power available
- Transfer from Tynemouth to Newcastle at the end
- Transfer for riders and bikes to home
All areas covered along the coast to coast route:
Whitehaven – Workington – Keswick – Threlkeld – Troutbeck – Greystoke – Penrith – Langwathby – Alston – Nenthead – Allenheads – Rookhope – Stanhope – Parkhead – Castleside – Consett – Shortley Bridge – Rowlands Gill – Newcastle – Tynemouth
- Shortly Bridge
- Rowlands Gill