EcoCabs is based in the heart of stunning Northumberland approximately half way along this beautiful and historic route. With 10 years of experience in bicycle holidays, we are ideally placed to help you enjoy a trip along this interesting and quieter alternative to the much heralded C2C.
- Ride from coast to coast, along the entire length of Hadrian’s Wall.
- Explore the historic forts, turrets and museums of this World Heritage Site.
- Travel through quaint villages, historic market towns and bustling cities.
- Experience the unspoilt Northumberland landscapes, taking in the some of the most dramatic and wild countryside in England.
- Complete your journey at Tynemouth and soak up more history and fantastic views at the 2000 year old Tynemouth Priory.
Why choose this route?
- It provides an interesting and quieter alternative to the much heralded C2C route and passes through some glorious countryside, taking in a series of impressive Roman sites on the way.
- The route travels through a variety of landscapes and has strong aspects of military, social, industrial and economic history to observe while cycling.
- The scenery is superb throughout and the hills more manageable than the popular C2C, making it accessible to a greater range of fitness levels.
- Bowness on Solway
- Bardon Mill
- Haydon Bridge
- South Shields